In 1725 Prince Eugene of Savoy purchased a seventeenth-century citadel with four wings and had it extended by two wings to surround the resulting Ehrenhof, the parade courtyard. Maria Theresa purchased the country seat thirty years later, in 1755. The castle underwent radical changes between 1773 and 1775; the building was raised one storey and the rooms on the first floor remodelled.
15 % discount on the entry to Hof Palace including Niederweiden Palace with the Burgenland Card.
Entrance fee without Burgenland Card: € 21,- adults / € 12,- children